Friday, April 15, 2011

Fraud

I try very hard not to get too worked up or emotional while posting on this blog because I don't feel that doing so effectively demonstrates the spirit of CST. But when I come across these stories, I find it extremely difficult not to get really upset.



My professors (most notably William Black, former Director of the Institute for Fraud Prevention, and Randall Wray) have been calling for prosecution of the perpetrators of this massive fraud for a while now yet there have been no arrests. Their reckless and fraudulent behavior has brought undue hardships to much of America (and throughout the world) and yet their punishment was higher bonuses.

The banks, regulatory comittees, and government deregulation are all to blame for this and they're still trying to get away with it. The injustice of it all really makes me mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment